Tools: A white Candle
Protection bath salts or Herbal Bath
4 pieces of Black Obsidian or 4 pieces of Petrified wood
1) Draw a warm bath – Anoint the candle and charge it with the protection oil
2) Place the candle at the foot of the tub, or on the sink next to the tub.
3) Place the stones on each corner of the tub
4) Take the bath salts, empower them, and drop 2 scoops in the tub right before entering. If you are using an herbal bath, either create a Medium 2-cup infusion or tossing a sachet filled with herbal bath herbs into the bath.
5) Enter the tub and relax in the water – clear your mind of any negative thoughts, think only of the water around you and how great it feel, how it envelops, protects and encases you.
6) Think of the stones around you – see the protection energy from each stone start to glow and expand. It expands slowly until it envelops the entire tub with you in it. Feel safe and protected in it.
7) Focus your mind on your Deity – if you do not have one, focus on the Goddess and God
8) Invite them into the tub with you – ask for their blessing and their protection.
9) Do this for as long as you wish, once you feel enough time has passed, light the candle.
10) Feel the energy from the tub, the wonderfully protective energy, pouring from the tub into the candle. The pure white light of the candle is comforting and as safe as the water in the tub, visualize all of that bright protective energy leaving the tub and entering the candle.
11) Imagine that positive energy expanding from the candle flame out around you, your home, the people you love, and anything you wish to protect.
12) Once you feel all of the energy has been transferred out, snuff the candle out, thank the Gods and empty the tub.
13) Save the candle and stones for your next bath! This is a great ritual to perform just before the full moon!
P.S. – keep in mind this is a ritual not a spa treatment!
Basically – you toss a crystal in your bath to add the energies of that crystal to the water. Here is the process I have been using:
* Add hot water to the tub to fill about 1/4 of the tub. Toss in the crystals you plan to use. Generally I use one or two crystals that are at least 1/2 inch to an inch in size – just because they are easier to manage – but really any size should work.
* Let the crystals sit in the hot water for about 30 minutes undisturbed.
* Fill the rest of the tub with hot/warm water to bring the temperature to what you want it to be. Leave the crystals in the bath for the duration of the bath.
* Add whatever else you want to your bath – an herbal bath, bubbles, bath salts or nothing – you can just do a plain crystal bath too.
* Enjoy your bath!
It is important to cleanse the stones before and after your bath. I generally use a sage smudge stick or a sage spray to cleanse the stones. You can add bubbles or bath salts to your bath as well – make sure if you do that, that you wash the stones after so that there is no residue and your stones stay clean.
Here are a few of the stones that I have used successfully:
* Red Jasper – for stamina and health – I have been battling Anemia recently and this has helped me a lot to strengthen my constitution
* Rose Quartz – if you are depressed due to relationship issues – to give you a sense of peace and calm – this applies not just to lovers but also family and friend relationships.
* Amethyst – for relaxation during stressful times
* Citrine – for general cleansing of aura – also an excellent stone to use when fighting colds, flu or any other type of disease.
* Black Obsidian – for grounding – use this when you seem not to be able to stay focused on one project at a time.
* Sodalite – to open up the mind – this is a great stone for those baths when you need to sit and think about something or try to figure stuff out. This is a wonderful stone to help open the mind up to new ideas.
* Moonstone – Emotional health – this is a great stone for when you feel emotionally drained
* Clear Quartz – I like to call this the empowering bath – clear quartz help to boost your personal power so to speak – so this is a great stone to use when you need that extra courage or to feel empowered.
* Green Aventurine – for overall health – aventurine is a great stone to maintain good health.
You can also do combinations – like:
* Citrine and Green Aventurine – to overcome a cold and promote good health
* Red Jasper and Rose Quartz – to increase your stamina and spice up your love life
* Black Obsidian and Sodalite – to ground you and help you focus on one thing at a time and come up with new solutions to issues and projects
* Moonstone and Amethyst – to relax and recharge your energies after a stressfull time in life
* Clear Quartz and Amethyst – to help you find your center
* Clear Quartz, Red Jasper and Aventurine – for the utlimate health boost
* Black Obisidian and Amethyst – To bring calm during times of intense emotional stress
* Clear Quartz and Red Jasper – to boost your immune system before a time of stress (like an important trip or business meeting – or meeting the in-laws for the first time =p) or before surgery.
Any combination that feels right to you wil probably work. This is great because its not a ritual – so it can be done at any time – you can even make it part of your daily routine! Add a little box of stones to your bathroom and just pull out the ones you need before each bath!
Creating an Herbal Bath
Herbal baths can be created out of as few or as many herbs that you want. Be sure to check a reliable herbal first to make sure the herbs you are using will not cause an irritation. A good magical Herbal will also give you some information on what herbs can be used for what intent.
Here is an example:
If you are not feeling well, feel drained of energy, stressed and need to relax you may want to choose the following herbs for your bath:
Lavender (Mercury and Air) – for purification and peace
Rosemary (Sun and Fire) – Mental powers and healing
Peppermint (Mercury and Fire) – Purification and healing
Bladderwrack (Moon and Water) – psychic powers, protection
In terms of proportions – think about what you want to add more. Let’s start with a base recipe of 1 part of each herb.
You can change this base recipe to meet whatever needs you have. If you are feeling mentally drained as of late, you may want to modify it as follows:
You can use the same recipe and modify it if you are feeling physically drained or tired:
And you can even modify this bath to prepare you for a stressfull time to come (relatives coming to visit, business trip, large project starting, holidays, etc)
The combinations are endless and once you start combining you will soon see what works best. Make sure you write down each recipe and how well it worked for you. You will find that some combinations work better than others. Just because one grimoire says a particular recipe is powerful it doesn’t mean it will work for you. Try different things and see what you like!
Once you feel confident working with herbs, you can try to tweak your recipes as follows:
* Try to balance out the elements (air, earth, water, fire) – or add more of one element you want to bring into your life
* Try to balance out the planetary correspondences
* Once you feel proficient with it, try to create recipes that will blend the herbs planetary rulers, elemental rules and the natural herbal lore together – so you can make the best use of each herb!
Using an Herbal Bath
There are several ways to use an herbal bath. I would NOT recommend adding the loose herbs to the bath as it can clog your drains.
* Infusion – add about 2 tablespoons of your herbal bath mix to a muslin bag. Pour 2 cups of boiling water and let it steep for 15 minutes. Add the infusion to the bath.
* Bath Sachet – add 2 tablespoons of your herbal bath mix to a muslin bag and drop it straight into the water. I highly recommend adding essential oils to boost your blends if you plan to use them this way
Adding to an Herbal Bath
Here is where herbal baths get fun and effective! Try some of these tips with your herbal bath to create mood and maximize your experience:
* Add candles – add 1 or 2 candles to the bathroom and turn down the lights. This will set the mood the relax you.
* Add music – I personally enjoy the sound of the ocean splashing on a beach shore with my herbal baths
* Add gemstones – cleanse and charge gemstones and either add them to the bathwater or keep them close to you during your bath
* Meditate – try to meditate during your bath – its a wonderful experience!
* Write a spell – create an herbal bath spell – this is specially effective for spells where the water element can add a boost – such as healing, love, relaxation, meditation, removing obstacles, etc
Herbal baths are very versatile – once you start working with them, you will love them even more! Try one of our pre-made herbal bath blends with ogranic herbs and essential oils or create one yourself! Either way you are in for a treat!